Researchers are constantly challenged with pipette tips that leak air, loosen or fall off in the middle of their protocols, ruining or contaminating the assay
MILFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced the new Thermo Scientific F1-ClipTip pipetting system, enabling users to deliver consistent, reproducible pipetting with higher-quality results. Its revolutionary ClipTip interlocking technology locks tips securely into place to deliver an airtight seal on every channel.
“Researchers are constantly challenged with pipette tips that leak air, loosen or fall off in the middle of their protocols, ruining or contaminating the assay,” said Raymond Mercier, liquid transfer product director of Thermo Fisher. “Our new F1-ClipTip pipetting system’s breakthrough interlocking design securely locks tips in place, which increases reproducibility, reduces force required to attach the tips and ensures the best possible accuracy and precision.”
Available for both single and multichannel pipettes, the Thermo Scientific F1-ClipTip pipetting system is simple but powerful. With minimal force, each tip is clipped securely on the F1-ClipTip pipette using a patented three-interlocking clip design. The pipette and tip form a complete seal to secure the sample volume in each tip for enhanced accuracy and precision.
Additional features include:
- Ergonomic design: Low tip attachment, ejection and plunger forces for safe and comfortable use, reducing the risk of repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
- Exceptionally lightweight: Reduced fatigue during extended periods of pipetting
- Adjustable 120° finger rest: For both right- and left-handed operator comfort – allows the hand to relax during pipetting cycles
- Patented super blow-out: 150 percent increase in air boost to ensure efficient delivery of micro-volumes and prevent capillary action for low volume pipetting
- Patented soft-touch tip ejection: Innovative gearing mechanism produces more downward force with less effort, releasing tips with a gentle push
- Volume lock adjustment: Secure volume setting prevents undesirable volume drift during operation
For more information about the Thermo Scientific F1-ClipTip pipetting system, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/cliptip.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.